31.12.2007



The last day of a great year

On the last day of 2007 a storm is brewing in Iceland. The fourth storm in one week. I live on the edge of the world and it's actually very lovely. Flying garbage bins and all...

A lot of peeps like to make lists of things that were the best of the ending year. I kind of suck at making lists, unless they're to-do lists. But I will try to list some of the things I've done this year, both good and bad. It has been a velly velly good year.

-I traveled a lot this year. I was in Vancouver, Austin, New York, Bergen, Malmö, Copenhagen, Århus and of course Reykjavík. I spent the longest time in Vancouver, almost half a year. Great city, great people and great sushi.
-I've never eaten as much sushi as I did in 2007. Vancouver has a sushi joint on almost every street corner and man oh man is it good good sushi.
-I fractured my foot and had to wear a hideous moonboot for six weeks. Just writing this down has put a frown on my face so I will move on to next thing on my list.
-I spent some time in Austin, TX with my aunt and her family. This included getting to know this part of my family better, almost getting killed (maybe a bit of an overstatement but it was muy bad) by mosquitos and a road trip with my aunt where our air-conditioning broke in the middle of Texas. You don't want that to happen.
-During the summer of 2007 I didn't have a job. That was a first since I was a kid. I hung out on the beach, partied and read a lot of great books. One of them and probably the best book I read this year is Until I Find You by John Irving. It's disturbing but so well written. I literally could not stop reading it.
-Like all other years I have been listening to a lot of music. Here is some of the stuff that has occupied my iTunes most: Feist, Chromeo, Studio, E.L.O., Simian Mobile Disco, Lykke Li, Grizzly Bear, of Montreal, M.I.A., FM Belfast, Numéro, Girltalk, Robots in Disguise, Cold War Kids, Robyn, Beirut, Joni Mitchell, Chromatics, Glass Candy, Final Fantasy, Midlake, Junior Boys, Muscles, Ra Ra Riot, Ladyhawke, Arcade Fire...
-I spent almost three weeks in Iceland this summer. This is the first time since 2004 that I'm in Iceland during summer. It was fantastic!!! It just makes me look forward to moving back home next summer.
-I witnessed two of my best friends, Hilma and Jón Björn, get hitched.
-Two new additions to the Vallargata 22 clan: Anna Margrét and Bergrún Björk. Welcome ladies!
-I spent three amazing months in Iceland working for Mr. Destiny. I have found what I want to work with for the next years.
-I realised that it's not just in Denmark that Diljá and I are like an old happily married couple. This also applies in Iceland.

(I took a little break while making this list. I decided to do so because I didn't feel I was funny enough. Now I just ate a mountain of turkey and am even less funny than I was before. I shall however try to continue...)

Nope, it's not coming to me... in fact I think making lists is sooooo 2007.

Happy New Year everyone. I have a feeling 2008 will be a bloody marvelous year!!

xxx
Kamillosaurus Rex

Engin ummæli: